I have a challenger who has been asking me about our vitamins. She is wondering if our vitamins are synthetic? If they are how do I explain to her that this is ok? Thank you.
We try to make our products as natural as possible, while combining the best of science and nature.
For example, in the Vi-Pak, the overwhelming majority of the ingredients are from natural sources, including botanicals. However, there are some ingredients such as Acetyl-l-carnitine in the anti-age formula that in order to get from a food source you would need to consume 3-4 steaks, or about 20 pounds of broccoli each day. Since that is not practical, we did include this powerful and necessary ingredient.
- We use the classic citrus bioflavonoids (diosmin, hesperidin, rutin,naringin, tangeretin, diosmetin, narirutin, neohesperidin, nobiletin,and quercetin)
- We use Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) the exact same chemical form found in foods like oranges. So it is C with the flavonids.
- Today, most all B-vitamins come from yeast or bacteria.
- We include all the major minerals and many the minor or trace minerals in the approved amounts as set by the FDA standards and the National Academy of sciences.
- The berry extracts we use are 100% natural.
- We use non-GMO soy.
Other key-points to note:
- Herbs: Many are water extracted extracts and some are actually certified organic. We follow very strict guidelines on purity and freedom from any pesticide residue and microbial contamination.
- Vitamins: All come from natural sources, including bacteria, fungi and some animal sources as well. Vit A & D. is from fish oil usually, Vit. C is from corn, B-vitamins from bacterial fermentation. Co Q10 from bacterial fermentation.
- Minerals: All minerals are made from earth mined minerals. Many are reacted and recombined.
- Fish Oil: Comes from deep water fish off Sweden. We also use oil from Borage seeds, primrose seeds, and flax oil seeds. These come from Canada and are usually Non-GMO and organic as well.
- Protein: We use whey from cow’s milk and non-GMO soy protein. The whey is highly purified and the soy protein is water extracted with no isoflavones or contaminates.
Hope this helps.